Birmingham by Road
Birmingham is one of the most accessible routes across the UK. Over 90% of the UK market live within a four hour travel time.
Birmingham is one of the most accessible cities across the UK with over 90% of the UK market within a four hour drive time.
Birmingham has a reach of 4.81 million people within 1 hours drive of the city centre making it perfect for commuters who wish to live in a more suburban and rural locations.
- There is easy access to four motoways from Birmingham - the M5, M6, M40 and M42
- There are 25,000 parking spaces in the centre of Birmingham alone
- Junction 6 of the M6 has it's own nickname - "Spaghetti Junction"
The central location of Birmingham provides quick access to the motorway network, making it easier for drivers to travel across the country.
The M5, M6 and M42 motorways are easily accessible from Birmingham City Centre allowing drivers easy access to connecting roads throughout the country.
Parking in the Centre
Birmingham is great for drivers, with 25,000 car parking spaces in the city centre alone and all within easy access of the main roads. Regular drivers commuting into the centre can also apply for car park season tickets providing unlimited parking in one of the many council car parks throughout the area.
Average Drive Time to Major Cities
- London: 126 miles via M40 - 2.5 hours
- Leeds: 119 miles via M1 - 2.5 hours
- Liverpool: 99 miles via M6 - 2 hours 15 minutes
- Manchester: 86 miles via M6 - 2 hours 15 minutes
- Bristol: 97 miles via M5 - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Edinburgh: 292 miles via M6 - 6 hours
Discover More about transport in Birmingham
There are plenty of transport options for travelling in and around the Birmingham region including relaxing trips across the canals and regular trains taking you across the nation and beyond.